Thursday, August 09, 2012

Twitter

After a brief foray into the twitterverse I once again chickened out. 

Well, not necessarily out of fear, I think.  It's more of an obsessive thing.  "This tweet was funny, dammit, why didn't anyone reply to it?" or "Is this tweeter being sarcastic or serious?" or "You're being stupid tweeting at that quasi-celebrity" or "Gosh, she's cute."  And so I find myself thinking about tweets and checking in way too damned frequently.  There's something in my make up that makes me unable to do the digital social thing in moderation.  LOL  It's much safer being here where no one reads.

I have low expectations and it's best, apparently, to keep it that way.


2 comments:

Handy or Not said...

I take two things from this post.

1) I'm nobody. I'm strangely okay with that.

2) I'm doing it wrong. Had the twitter account over a year and tweeted twice. And just about everyone I follow gets boring and repetitive. Quickly.

Lefty said...

1) I keep forgetting you have this on your subscription or RSS or whatever. You are certainly not "no one" but it's awkward to have to type "no one but Handy or Not" when typing. Please forgive my ill use of poetic license.

2) You are the opposite of me then (imagine that) - I had like twenty posts a day at minimum. After a while it felt too much like the new kid trying to hard or something. LOL You know how I am.