Thursday, February 02, 2006

Purple Rain

Our office is surrounded by large oaks and, apparently, some kind of tree that has purplish berries on it. The last few afternoons, after loading up on glue, a huge flock of birds gorge themselves on these berries and then digest them while perched in the oak my truck is parked under.

Now, please note that I have done nothing in my life to deserve such treatment from birds - unless it's payback for the whole Thanksgiving thing on behalf of their turkey brethren. Which seems a bit of a reach but it's all I can think of.

Because of the glue, a run through the car wash won't do the job. You have to get out and scrape these purple seed splatters off. Having the tree removed seems a bit drastic but shy of cleaning out the Humane Society of all their cats, I can't figure out how to discourage these avians from pooping on my vehicle.

Maybe I could buy one of those paintball guns - that'd serve 'em right. Of course, I'd only use purple paint...

No comments: