Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Nigeria

I got this email today. Yes, I know, it's spam but read it! I get these things daily and they are nothing new. The twist to this one is interesting though - normally these emails pander to your gullibility: maybe I AM the distant relative of the deceased Mayor of a small town in Botswana. It could happen, right?

This email though makes no bones about it. Sorry, dude, you are not the 'next of-kin' but if you split the money with me I'll lie to the bank and say you are! Genius. I hope this fisher takes a whole lotta people with this one - serves 'em right.

Dear Beneficiary,

I am writing from a private mailbox, it is safe and not for official use. It was reported that you also applied to claim $20M as the Next of-Kin of late Alan Bowen. Late Alan Bowen died ten years ago in a helicopter crash and till date, many applicants have severally been attempting to claim his $20M fixed-capital investment from the bank. Due to the drastic inheritance saga observed through the internet, insurance agencies have cautioned banks to verify any beneficiary before approving inheritance payment.

As a legal partner to the bank, I was consulted to verify the applicants that have shown interest and identify the rightful Next of-Kin. From my verification, it was observed that the bonafide Next of-Kin died in the same crash with late Alan Bowen and does not exist anymore. With this observation, I have confirmed that you are not the Next of-Kin including other applicants that have shown interest to inherit this fund. I must admit my interest in this $20M therefore, I feel it is not wise to report my observations to the bank because this fund will be confiscated.

Amongst all the applicants, I find you more approachable and I have decided to negotiate with you before I report my observations to the bank. Let me validate this claim in your name on the condition that you will split this $20M 50%-50% with me. If we have a deal, I will issue you the validation Pin-code as the rightful Next of-Kin and also render my esteem support to the end. Please, get back to me for further details if my condition is agreeable.

Thanks for your understanding and I hope to read from you at your earliest convenient.

Sincerely,

Jubrill Lawal.

Accredited Legal Consultant.

No comments: